France: Vaux-le-Pénil Melun Val de Seine
A privileged location:
- Served by public transport and close to Paris
- At the crossroads of the main mortorways
- 35 km and 50 km from Orly and Roissy Charles de Gaulle airports
The business park of Vaux-le-Pénil / Melun Val de Seine in key figures:
- 120 hectares
- 250 companies
- 7000 employees
- 60% of SMEs
- Activities: 30% industry, 30% of services-20% trading
- 6 new acres being marketed
- 1 business leaders association, the AZIV
- The park was reclassified in 2011
The AZIV has been created in 1971 and is actively involved in the revitalization of the park and regularly collaborates with CAMVS (local authority that is managing the businesspark)
A few figures:
- 85 members,
- 220 million euros: turnover (of AZIV members),
- 1600 employees
The challenges of redevelopment:
Optimising and enhancing existing business parks was essential for the economic development of the territory.
- Re-electing a competitive park by development, coordination and management
- Providing sustainable economic development preferring rehabilitate old urbanized areas rather than farmland.
- Boosting the territory by developing services to businesses and employees
Following the conclusions of an ARENE Ile de France study, the CAMVS first undertook a renovation of two major roads, co-financed by the Ile de France Region and the Seine et Marne department;
These roadworks have given a new face to the business park development with integrated motor-free roads (gentle mobility), reviewed urban furniture, renewed green spaces, functional and aesthetic details.
Requalification of the main roads will be completed by new road works, road and sidewalk. A collective waste management program has been proposed and an information booklet has been published. The business park’s Company Travel Plan has been defined within the sustainable development framework. An area manager helps companies and projects in this area of activity.
A sustainable development Charter will soon be implemented on the park to assist companies in their efforts and create a mutual commitment between CAMVS and businesses to develop virtuous practices of both sides. Architectural recommendations and high environmental quality citeria are imposed on new constructions on the extension of the park.