ARENE Ile-de-France (Regional Agency for the Environment and New Energies), set up in 1994, is a body working in partnership with the Regional Council. By contributing to the integration of environment and energy matters it takes part in sustainable development implementation in Ile-de-France.
Its means of implementation is based on:
- raising awareness, training, disseminating “best practices” and promoting pilot projects,
- assessing new practices and assisting in experimenting them.
ARENE delivers operational and strategic information to local authorities, to enterprises and to other regional actors in the Ile-de-France Region.
ARENE disseminates know-how from best practices through various tools: site visits, workshops, training sessions, forums, events, publications, its website…
Furthermore, ARENE provides advice, technical support such as feasibility studies for innovative projects.
ARENE Ile-de-France is developing its activities in the following fields:
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy sources
- Sustainable mobility
- Local sustainable plans like local energy and climate plans and local Agenda21
- Sustainable buildings and urban renewal
- Decentralised cooperation
- Social and solidarity economy
ARENE is a member of RARE (French Network of Regional Energy and Environment Agencies) and of FEDARENE (European Federation of Regional Energy and Environment Agencies).
94 bis avenue de Suffren – 75015 Paris
Person in charge: Marie-Laure Falque Masset
Phone: + 33 (0) 1 82 52 88 18